Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Started but not finished...

Have you ever just wanted to write, but you were unsure of what? That you feel you could write a billion page...whatever, but when you get the pencil to the paper you have no idea what to write, or all the ideas that you had have some how been erased from your memory. For me that is a personal pet peeve. Happens all the time.
I have this weird collection of notebooks that are written about halfway through. I start stuff but don't always finish it.
I have countless stories that are started but not even close to being done. Poems that have a great start but no end. Not sure why I do this.
I like to collect notebooks. I have like a huge mess of them. I buy notebooks with a purpose to journal, write short stories, doodle, capture my dreams, you know things like that. I start to do well with them in the beginning, but than I just stop. Or i lose it. Or i forget about it. Or i see another notebook that captures my eye and I see a whole new purpose for that notebook.
I like keeping them to look back on. When I find an old notebook, or a whole mess of them, I think of them as my own personal time capsual. I can sit for hours reading through them. Depending on what I find I like to share what I wrote or what I was feeling at that time in my life.
Notebooks are my "eye of the beholder". If you read something out of my notebooks you see so many different parts of me.
Some can be just silly and stupid or serious and meaningful. Just like my notebooks, my writings too have a purpose. Sometimes it's my only way of communication. I'm a visual person so seeing what I want to say before I say it helps alot in many different situations...

No comments:

Post a Comment